2016 San Luis Obispo Train Day
Saturday, May 7, 2016, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Event activities in and around the historical Freight House will include Running Model Trains, Railroad Swap Meet, Kids Activities, Music, Railroad Art and Photography, Amtrak Display, and railroad films as well as various Presentations and Tours. The day's schedule is outlined below.
Free Admission for events and displays on the exterior of the Freight House and on the trackside platform. A modest admission is charged to enter the Freight House: only $3 per adult, $2 per kid, or $10 for the entire family.
See you on SLO Train Day at the Museum!
Wine Rail Excursion to Pomar Junction Winery the night before - see details.
2. Swap Meet Starts on Museum Platform and RR films start in Presentation Area
3. Coffee & Pastries for sale by Lighthouse Coffee at North End of Museum
4. Music by the "South Street Roundhouse".
2. Presentation by Elliot Marshal on the Bishops Peak Spur of the Pacific Coast Railway. Technical recounting of the route to Bishops Peak to Avila Beach.
3. Emily Street Tour with Brad LaRose, assemble at north end of the platform
2. Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner passes the Museum's back platform (northbound)